Johannes Kühn was a celebrated German writer and poet whose literary contributions left an indelible mark on the world of literature. Let’s explore the life and notable works of this distinguished figure.
Johannes Kühn was born on 3 February 1934 in Tholey, Germany, and spent his formative years in a family with a mining background. His educational journey took shape in 1948 when he enrolled at the Missionshaus St. Wendel. However, he decided to leave in 1953 without obtaining a diploma.
Kühn’s pursuit of knowledge led him to study as a guest student at Saarland University and the University of Freiburg from 1956 to 1961. Following this period, from 1963 to 1973, he worked in his brother’s engineering company. It was during these years that Kühn also delved into the world of literature, writing dramas, poems, and fairy tales. However, his early literary endeavors did not receive widespread attention.
Despite initial challenges, Kühn’s talent as a writer eventually found recognition. In the early 1980s, he began to receive positive responses to his works, thanks to the efforts of Ludwig Harig, who published his works. His life story was later depicted in the 2018 film “Papier, Stift, Kaffee und Zigarren – Der Dichter Johannes Kühn,” directed by Gabi Heleen Bollinger.
Johannes Kühn’s remarkable literary journey came to a peaceful end on 3 October 2023, at the age of 89.
Johannes Kühn’s literary legacy primarily revolves around his poems, plays, and prose. Some of his notable works include:
- Vieles will Klang, immer wieder (1957)
- Saarländische Anthologie (1958)
- Stimmen der Stille (1970)
- Salzgeschmack (1984)
- Ich Winkelgast (1989)
- Am Fenster der Verheißungen (1992)
- Meine Wanderkreise (1990)
- Blas aus die Sterne (1991)
- Gelehnt an Luft (1992)
- Wenn die Hexe Flöte spielt (1994)
- Leuchtspur (1995)
- Lerchenaufstieg (1996)
- Wasser genügt nicht. Gasthausgedichte (1997)
- Hab ein Aug mit mir (1998)
- Em Guguck lauschdre (1999)
- Mit den Raben am Tisch (2000)
- Gedichte (2001)
- Nie verließ ich den Hügelring (2002)
- Ich muß nicht reisen (2004)
- Gärten ohne Grenzen (2004)
- Ganz ungetröstet bin ich nicht (2007)
- Zu Ende ist die Schicht. Bergmannsgedichte (2013)
- Und hab am Gras mein Leben gemessen (2014)
- Besitzlos, den Schmetterling feiernd (2018)
- Und schwebe ab in eine ganz andre Welt. Gedichte & Zeichnungen (2020)
- Die Totengruft (1966)
- Kampf um die Möbel (1968)
- Zugvögel haben mir berichtet. Märchen (1988)
- Ein Ende zur rechten Zeit. Erzählung (2004)
- Künstlerbegegnungen (2005)
Johannes Kühn’s poetry and literary creations continue to be celebrated for their depth and artistic brilliance, ensuring his enduring legacy in the world of German literature.