Herb-Crusted Roast Salmon
- 1 pound (450g) salmon fillet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease it to prevent sticking.
- Place the salmon fillet on the prepared baking sheet, skin-side down. If the salmon has any pin bones, use tweezers to remove them.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, dill, parsley, thyme, salt, and black pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Brush the herb mixture evenly over the top and sides of the salmon fillet, ensuring it is well coated.
- Place the baking sheet with the salmon in the preheated oven and roast for about 12-15 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork. Cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the fillet, so keep an eye on it to avoid overcooking.
- Once cooked, remove the salmon from the oven and let it rest for a couple of minutes before serving. This will allow the flavors to meld and the juices to distribute evenly.
- Serve the herb-crusted roast salmon hot, garnished with additional fresh herbs if desired. It pairs well with a side of roasted vegetables, steamed rice, or a fresh green salad.
Enjoy your delicious and flavorful herb-crusted roast salmon!