- 2 whole fish (such as sea bass or trout), cleaned and scaled
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Lemon slices, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Rinse the fish under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Make sure the fish is completely dry before proceeding.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, minced garlic, lemon juice, parsley, thyme, salt, and black pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Place the fish on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Score the fish by making a few shallow diagonal cuts on both sides. This will help the marinade penetrate and infuse the fish with flavors.
- Drizzle the herb mixture over the fish, making sure to coat both sides. Use your hands or a brush to spread the marinade evenly.
- Place a few lemon slices on top of each fish for added flavor and presentation.
- Allow the fish to marinate at room temperature for about 15-20 minutes. This will allow the flavors to meld and enhance the taste.
- Once marinated, transfer the baking sheet to the preheated oven and roast the fish for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until the flesh is opaque and easily flakes with a fork. The cooking time may vary depending on the size and thickness of the fish.
- Once cooked, remove the fish from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before serving. This allows the juices to redistribute and ensures a moist and tender fish.
- Serve the herb-roasted fish on a platter, garnished with fresh herbs and lemon slices. You can accompany it with steamed vegetables, roasted potatoes, or a fresh salad.
Enjoy your flavorful and succulent herb-roasted fish!
Note: Feel free to adjust the herbs and seasoning according to your taste preferences. You can also experiment with different herbs such as rosemary or dill to add variety to the dish.