Deliciously Classic: How to Make Perfect French Toast
French toast is a delicious and simple breakfast dish made with bread, eggs, milk, and a few other ingredients. Here’s a basic recipe to make French toast:
- 4 slices of bread (thick slices work best, such as brioche or challah)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- Butter or cooking spray for greasing the pan
- Maple syrup, fresh fruit, or powdered sugar for serving (optional)
- Preheat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- In a shallow bowl or baking dish, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon until well combined.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture, making sure to coat both sides evenly. Allow the bread to soak in the mixture for about 15-20 seconds per side, or until it has absorbed some of the liquid.
- Melt a small amount of butter on the preheated skillet or griddle. Alternatively, you can use cooking spray to lightly grease the surface.
- Place the soaked bread slices onto the skillet or griddle and cook for about 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Flip the slices using a spatula to cook the other side.
- Remove the French toast from the skillet or griddle and transfer to a serving plate. Repeat the process with the remaining slices of bread.
- Serve the French toast immediately while it’s warm. You can top it with maple syrup, fresh fruit, powdered sugar, or any other toppings of your choice.
Enjoy your homemade French toast!