Here’s a recipe for roast beef:
- 3-4 pounds beef roast (such as ribeye, sirloin, or tenderloin)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Optional: 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Optional: 1 onion, sliced
- Optional: 2 carrots, chopped
- Optional: 2 celery stalks, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Take the beef roast out of the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes to an hour. This will help it cook more evenly.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, black pepper, garlic powder, dried rosemary, and dried thyme.
- Rub the olive oil all over the beef roast, making sure to coat it evenly.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture over the entire surface of the roast, patting it gently to make it adhere.
- If desired, make small slits in the roast and insert minced garlic into the slits for added flavor.
- If using vegetables, place the sliced onion, chopped carrots, and celery in the bottom of a roasting pan to serve as a bed for the roast.
- Place the seasoned beef roast on a wire rack set inside the roasting pan. This elevates the roast and allows for even cooking.
- Put the roasting pan in the preheated oven and roast the beef for about 20 minutes per pound. This will result in a medium-rare to medium doneness. Adjust the cooking time according to your desired level of doneness.
- Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the roast. For medium-rare, the thermometer should read 135°F (57°C), and for medium, it should read 145°F (63°C). Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the roast without touching the bone.
- Once the roast reaches the desired temperature, remove it from the oven and cover it loosely with aluminum foil. Let it rest for about 15-20 minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute and makes the meat more tender.
- Slice the roast beef across the grain into thin slices.
- Serve the roast beef with the roasted vegetables, if desired, and any additional sides or sauces of your choice.
Enjoy your flavorful roast beef!