Stephen Ackles was born on February 15, 1966. He was a Norwegian vocalist, pianist, and songwriter known for his rock ‘n’ roll style, inspired by legendary artists like Jerry Lee Lewis, Chuck Berry, Little Richard, and Elvis Presley. His mother, Bergliot Kittilsen, was Norwegian, and his father, Allan Dale Ackles, was American.
Ackles had the privilege of working with a host of world-renowned artists, including Sir Elton John, Carl Perkins, Tom Jones, Johnny Cash, Kris Kristofferson, Little Richard, Waylon Jennings, Jerry Lee Lewis, Linda Gail Lewis, James Burton, and Narvel Felts. His music career was a blend of his own unique style and collaborations with these music legends.
Melodi Grand Prix
Ackles participated in the Norwegian finals of the Melodi Grand Prix in 1992, 1996, and 1999, showcasing his versatility and talent in one of Norway’s most prestigious music competitions.
Stephen Ackles passed away on September 28, 2023, at the age of 57, leaving behind a legacy of rock ‘n’ roll music that touched fans across generations.
- 1988 – Stephen Ackles and The Memphis News
- 1990 – I Ain’t No Different Than You
- 1991 – If This Ain’t Music
- 1992 – Hey You!
- 1993 – Rarities Vol. 1
- 1993 – Let’s Keep the Night
- 1995 – One for the Moon
- 1996 – Rockin’ My Life Away (Live Album)
- 1997 – Hungry for life
- 1999 – The Gospel According to…
- 2002 – I Believe
- 2005 – Stephen Ackles
- 2007 – The Presley Project
- 2013 – For More Than Only Tonight
- 2015 – The Confidence Game
- 1992 – Det er lørdag og rock’n roll (It’s Saturday and rock’n roll)
- 1996 – Jennina (Jennine)
- 1999 – Lost again
Stephen Ackles‘ music continues to live on, capturing the essence of rock ‘n’ roll that transcends time and space. His contributions to the music world, both as a solo artist and through his collaborations, have left an indelible mark.