Black sapote (Diospyros digyna) is a tropical fruit tree native to Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean. It is also known as zapote negro, zapote prieto, black zapote, black persimmon, and black sapote plum.
The fruit is round to oval, and has a dark purple to black skin. The flesh is soft and creamy, and has a sweet, slightly astringent flavor. Black sapote is often eaten fresh, but can also be used in desserts, jams, and smoothies.
Black sapote is a good source of vitamins A, C, and E, as well as potassium, magnesium, and calcium. It is also a good source of fiber. Black sapote is a healthy and delicious fruit that can be enjoyed in many different ways.
Here are some tips for eating black sapote:
- Choose fruit that is firm and heavy for its size.
- The skin should be dark purple to black and smooth.
- Avoid fruit that is soft or has blemishes.
- To eat black sapote, cut it in half and scoop out the flesh with a spoon.
- Black sapote can be eaten fresh, or it can be used in smoothies, desserts, and jams.
Black sapote is a delicious and nutritious fruit that is a great addition to any diet.
Disclaimer: The information presented here should not be used as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. It is always recommended to consult with a qualified healthcare provider before making any changes to your diet or lifestyle.